Monday, March 8, 2010

HW # 42- More Research and More Thinking

Adding on about "Student Relationship" I was wondering what's going to happen if your parent find out that you have been sexual abused on dates? I have been researching on how teenagers has been dating in school and how their relationship has affect their studying in school and their relationship with their parent. This article, "http://www.center4research.org/datingdangers.html " "Dating and Other Danger for High School Girls," "One in five high school girls have been either physically or sexually abused on a date, or both."

There were a study showing a number of students has been hurt physically or sexually. A national survey designed by the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention, survey student on their relationship. More than 60 public school has reported physically abused. 10 percent reported being physically abused but not sexually. 4 percent reported sexually but not physically abused and 6 percent reported both.

This situation mostly happen to girls; reporting other problem as well. " heavy smoking, binge drinking, driving after drinking, cocaine use, binge eating/purging or use of diet pills, having 3 or more sexual partners in the last 3 months, sexual intercourse before the age of 15, no condom use at last intercourse, ever having been pregnant, or considering or attempting suicide." This is a list of how girls get sexually abused.

Parent are a major factors in this case because they raise their child in their own way; seeing their child growing up improperly, means they're not doing their jobs as being a parent. This will affect the relationship of parent and children. Dating is such a young age many harm your relationship in school because you are not learning anything but doing something against the law. I decided to research this topic because it also connects to my life as a young teenager. I have to be patient and learn from my mistakes. Knowing what is right and wrong.

I started high school with a 85 average. I did all my works because I have nothing to worry about. When Sophmore and junior year show up, my grades drops because dating was one of my major factor of impacting my grade. I have learn that in order to go to college, you need average grade and to me I have that but it is not enough to get me anywhere. So during senior year I have to leave everything behind me and work. I have to give it my all. School is now first in my life because it determine where I will be at... I cannot let other stuff like dating someone impact my studying, because it will affect me. I want to do a little research on this topic because I will like to see how many people has the same problem as me. I also think this topic is very important. It is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment