Thursday, December 3, 2009

HW 27 - Informal Research- Interviews and Surveys

Family Member : Youngest Anut

For this interview, I decided to interview my youngerst anut. My anut is from my mother side and I belive she is the coolest person in my family. Somehow she acts very differently than anyone else in this family. My oldest anut doesnt know how to show apprecation. My mother is a cheap ass. I can say that my dad is close of being cool bht he knows how to waste money, so thats not cool. My grandparent are old so I am going to leave them out of this. All my cousin and one of my uncle can be cool, but I really think my youngest anut is the coolest of them all. She is kindhearted and shw knows how to make a person smile or solve any problems. So I decided to interview my youngest anut.

"Hey anut, can I ask you some questions?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Well, at class we are dicussing about a new unit on people being "cool" and my teahcer gave us this assignment to work on. So I decided since you are the..."

"Coolest anut?"

"Yes! see, thats what make you so cool."

"I know, so whats the questions?"

"Well, let me start out by asking why do you think I chose to interview you and not anyone else in this family?"

I am guessing I am better off than almost all the grown ups. I know why you didnt choose your mom because she is always mean to you and always make you feel hurt. Your anuts doesnt know how to make a child happy but I can. Your uncles doesnt have the time to keep up with [your] life, because they have work. I am different because I always call you to see how things are going for you. Whenever I see something match you, I will buy it for you. Is that why you chose me?"

"Yup, that's exactly why I chose you. And also at class, one of main reason why people are so cool is because we judge them about fashion and styles. Do you thik coolness relies on fashion and styles?"

"I dont think "all" people are judge by fashion or styles to determine if they are cool or not. You chose me because I am cool than anyone else in this family, but I dont dress "cool". I wear whatever I like, depends on my mood. Most of my friends that I go shopping with doesnt dress "cool" they dress whatever fit their desires.

"You have seen "cool" teenager, what do you think of the way they act throughout their way of dressing?"

"That's a pretty hard question to answer. It is very hard to judge someone's being just by looking at their dressing. Some people may have a good personality if they dress "ghetto-ly" Some people may have a bad personality if they are not dressing "cool." It is very hard to tell if someone is trying to be cool or not.

My anut's point of view about being cool seem to thrill me off. After listening to her speech about people being cool. I think I may agree with her. We dont really know for sure if "this" person who dress "cooly" is good or bad. Fashion really doesnt tell us much about the person's traits.

Andy also told us to interview stranger(s) from the street. I saw this old man sweeping the street down at 7-11. He was probably around his 60s and he was wearing a white t shirt with a good chain around his neck. He was wearing these paggy pant and wore a pair of nike sneaker and a yankee fiited. I chose to interview him about being cool because he kinda dress like the "cool" type, so probably when he was a teenger, he probably have problem acting cool. I walk up to him with a smile and ask how he was doing. He replied back saying: "Whats going young fella," and shook my hand. Basically I went straight to my point and ask him:

"You are probably around your mid-age and I see you sweeping the floor with yo chain and rocking those fresh sneaker, where you "cool" when you were a teenager?"

[laugh] "you wanna roll like me?"

"umm, just doing a assignment for my class."

"Well, back when I first started high school, I be chilling with my boy and messing around on the street. I use to have ladies following me around. Ladies lying up from Madison Square Garden to the Brooklyn Bridge waiting to get in touch with me, boy. I drop out of highschool in my second year, end up cleaning the street and wasting my time. But I still be bagging girls. A month ago, I took this girl back home and..."

[looking at my time] "sir, thanks for your time. I really have to get going right now. Sorry I have to stop you."

"Well, come back and ask me more."

I seriously dont know what got into this dude. I dont even know how he still look "this" fresh and end up working on the streets. That's not cool at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment