Wednesday, December 23, 2009

HW # 31-Exploring Methods of M,M,C,A & Aggrandizing the Self- Part A

In class on Friday, we shared insights of how teenagers show off their values or special talents. How we identify teenagers as them being cool, in certain ways; such as their behaviors, body parts and names. Andy Snyder ask us to ask someone who is using "one" of the strategies we classify as being cool.

I decided for this short interview, I will ask one of my best friend, Sammy Huang. Sammy and I use to be top gun, we are always together: chilling, partying and shooting some hoops. I will not go into "deeper" details about his personal life and what kind of person he "really" is. We know each other since we were in elemtary school, I decided to ask him, what make him cool. I probably will give some background information about his life. His name is Sammy Huang, he is now 19. He called himself "YL." "YL" is a short name for a hangout crew. No futher information. So we chill and shit. I ask him what made him so special/popular. "All i could tell you is that I am a serious person."

My friend doesnt have a serious behavior. He is in some sort of business that help him earn a lot of money. He doesnt take any drugs or have a act of violence. My friends love to go swimming and execise when he has a lot of things on his mind. I dont really wanna get into that much details about my friends. I chose him to be interview because he is my friend and we do everything together.

Part B-continue

As I was walking through the park on Thursday, I recongize one of my old time buddy. OMG. We were so cool back then, It is like if there is one fishball left for us to eat, we will split it up and share it. That's how cool we were. So as I was walking to work, he came behind me and play a little prank on me. We gave each other pound and a light hug. As I was like "checking" him out, I realize he has change a lot. He has a silver chain, earring, and tatoo. He became a lot tanner and tough looking.

Unlike my other friend, Sammy Huang. He also has a crew he hang out with. I know his people and I am mad tight with them. His "crew" is not like any other crew, they act mad violence and do drugs. They have a name for their crew; no futher information.

I could had made him sound very horrible, but if you get to know him, he is very nice. Back then we use to have a lot of fun. As we grew older; we get separate but our friendship is still going strong.

For my last interview I decided to interview one of my neighbor. I dont know why I chose my neighbor but he seem like a very cool person to me. Every christmas, he will give me a gift or a card. I dont really know him that well because he is never around. He always comes home mad late. I know he is a very ncie person in the outside but in the inside, you dont even want to know. He has mad tatoos and he got his ear pierce. To think of it, I think he is a violence person. I dont know how but its just my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment