Thursday, January 14, 2010

HW # 34- The Cool Pose and Various Approaches to Life Rooted in Class, Race, Gender, Age

According to my own belief I believe that it is very competitive to control your own personal obsession of being cool. What I meant by that is that it takes a lot of dignity or confidence out of us just to impress something or someone. It is very hard to resist or change yourself if who you want to become. You have to battle yourself to actually retain your own positionl; afterall we are influence by others to become a different person. Even though you know you are doing something stupid but you just kept on doing it. Certainly everyone plays a different roles to conquer their titles. For example: Andy Synder said many black kids has mo- hawk, he was the one that came up with that idea first. He needs to hold his position but everyone just "mirror" him. Many of us were not raised properly, many of us were born accidently.

As being a 18 years old teenage kid, I was influence to be and to become like "any" other kids. I have 2 fucking choice; play my role, normally or play it "ghetto-ly" I was born from a chinese family But was raised by many ethnincity. I went to a all chinese elementary school, so you can conclude that we were all the same. But there were a turn around when I complete junior year. I met differnt race(s) and they transform me into a differnt person. I use to wear Old Navy, payless shoes, loose jean, NO spikey hair; now "it is a different style of me." My appearances change but I am still the same "me." After I "copy cat" my friends, it seem like I gain more "audience" and "love" But somehow I can manage to work hard in school and sucessfully go to college.

This is my own storyline. I am a chinese american and I was raise (only appearances) among other races. But my personality has not change because of my parent. But somehow my cousin has change a lot. She became a differnt person; when her mother, started to gamble and coming home late. My cousin's personality/actions has complete shift. She wears high heel, tons of jewels, and she has her fucking panties and bra sticking out. Fucking pisses me off to see one of my family member change from sweet young girl to a "bag full of shit" I blame this on the fuckin parent.

Why do some of us have to travel to a road of shame? How can we not get influence by others and just be yourself? why is it so hard for some of us to change and just doesnt know how to head back to the right path? Some of us knows how to walk in a straight line to be successful but some of us just dont know how to "map" one out. Dont you just hate it when you cant change someone you really love; but someone else can. Makes no sense at all. But who am I to tell them. I am just myself. I am that important. I am cool. I am cool in a sucessful way.

No comments:

Post a Comment