Friday, September 11, 2009

H.W 3 - 1st Blog Post

 On the first day of school, Andy came up with an topic about digital/electronic media such as HDTV, Facebook, texting, emailing, websurfing, videogames and how these item captured our eyes. I am interested on this topic because i use electronic everyday and it sure does influence my life. Some of the topics that this suggests to myself is how does digital/ electronic media help people or not. Are they useful or just here to screw up our lives? Do we learn from it?

 Many of my friend stays on the computer for many hours and it just bothers me. I seem many of my friends just gives up on their life and spend their precious time, online. "What a waste!" My cousin comes over to my home and use the computer the entire day. He dont eat drink or take any bathroom breaks. I mostly spend an hour or two on the computer. Listening/ downloading musics, chatting online, checkout my friends on facebook or something on youtube. I like how we can chat online, watch movieclip and actually learn from it. The computer can help us with our homework or guide us to some directions. The bad stuff about digital/ electronic media are that they are too attractive which leads to a fight or a crime. If you stay on the computer too long, you can simply get blind. It takes your brain to another planet and it just waste your time. Will you whether sit in front of the computer all day and play or go out on a sunny day to chill with some hot ass girl/boy? It is kind of weird because it can help us but it can also harm us. For example if we need to do research about something, the computer is the fastest way to get your work done. But it can harm us by playing too much games and not working on your homework. This happens between my mother and my brother. The first thing when my brother gets home is to play his computer game and he does his homework at the last minute, which makes my mother so angry.I dont know exactly how "good" digital/ electronic media are. Computers and HDTV are still important becuase they can tell us whats happening around the world, homework help and signing up for important stuff.

I started this assignment around 5: 30pm and it turns out i am getting distracted by my computer. I was went onto facebook to see if i have any new events. I was watching NBA on youtube and listening to music. Spongebob caught my eyes so i decided to watch that for a while and then get back to homework. This has been happening to me when i first know how to use my computer.  How helpful are these digital/ electronic media ? i am finally down, it is 7 : 29pm. Howcome it took me more than 2 hours to work on this short essay? Howcome "we" get distracted by these "digital/ electronic " so easily?

2 comments:

  1. I like the fact that you spoke how you really felt about the use of digital/electronics and its usage. You made many connections with your own life and other people's lives that you mention and wrote how the electronics is consuming their time. I also like the fact that this blog is rather long which tells me you put a lot of thought into this.

    You made lots of points and arguments to how bad being on the internet for a long time is bad for you. It takes valuable time that can be better well spent on, and it also can destroy your eye sights as well.

    It is just like how the media portrays the situation with internet addicts. Some parents actually pay professionals to separate their kids from the network. Also a quote "geeks are taking control of the world" might be more accurate than I'd imagine.

    This whole blog has been pretty interesting. The only flaw is how bias you are of the internet, while you gave many examples of how the internet is bad, you gave only one example of how to well sever its usage. You can also maybe separate into paragraphs between the downside and upside to internet.

    From your post, I can see now that more and more people are turning their attention to the internet and its screen. Maybe we can all somehow refrain ourselves to only using the internet for useful/interesting info.

    Your blog was very straight forward and easy to understand. This was well thought out and hope to see some more like this in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While reading your blog, I like how you used what's going on in your life and the people around you lives in your blog. You used your/their experiences to relate to the questions that you had about digital media.

    In your blog you made a major point about various types of digital media being used for good, and also being used to distract us from doing important things/things we should be doing.

    In your last paragraph as you talk about getting distracted while you we4re doing this assignment, I think that most teenagers are like that. Many do homework and stuff in front of the tv or while looking at other websites on the internet.

    Your post was very good and thought out, but there were a few things that you could have talked about more. For example, at one pooint in your post you say that the internet can lead to a "fight or aa crime". But it seems like it doesn't fit into that paragraph, you are in the middle of another argument/thought. You should talk more on this topic, and how you feel about it.

    Your post makes me think about how the internet keeps me from a lot of things. Maybe if I didn't use the internet for so many useless reasons, I would get a lot mroe accomplished.

    This is a great first post, and i can tell that you put a lot of thought into it... Keep Up The Guud Work =]

    ReplyDelete